Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My washer / dryer isn't working...

Customer Question

Dan, my washer / dryer isn't working...
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hotpoint WDAL 8640
Expert:  Daniel replied 12 days ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Ive only just come online today.

Whats the washer doing wrong for you?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Once you push the power button, there is a delay, then the machine starts to fill.
All lights fill flash along the horizontal column.
The vertical column will have steady lights on 'spin' and 'door locked'.
Water will eventually stop.
Flashing / steady lights will continue.
If the machine is drained and the door open, then it is switched on, the lights will flash / be steady as above.The machine has had a new PCB fitted.
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 days ago.

Ok who has fitted the PCB and has this just happened after replacing the PCB?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hotpoint Service fitted the new PCB.No, it had this problem before but I can't remember which lights were flashing.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Oh, I should be clear here, it had the problem with the lights flashing but didn't used to do the automatic fill when you turned it on.
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 days ago.

Ok the error code you have now is F09 which is a programing fault.

Basically when you get that error code its the control board is blank and has been programed.

Or its lost its memory and needs to be reprogrammed up again.

This fault is a programming fault on the control board and im afraid for this the control board needs to be reprogammed with the Hotpoint laptop im afraid.

But just a thought try and unplug the washer from the socket and leave it 20 minuites and see if this reboots it. If it doesnt then im afraid you need to get Hotpoint back in to reprogram the control board im afraid.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No joy with the socket tactics...
Hotpoint Service chap is coming on Friday to look at the PCB.
I'll be back in touch then.