Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

Siemens E46.38 Condenser Dryer. Trips the RCD in main fuse

Siemens E46.38 Condenser Dryer. Trips the RCD in main fuse box. Any ideas?

Hi Andy,

Exactly when does the trip occur, just with it plugged in but switched off, or plugged in and when you switch on, or when you run a particular programme, etc?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You can choose a programme then when you press start it trips.

Hi Andy,

It could be a number of things, but most likely a problem with the heater or thermostat. The heater may just be caked in fluff causing a short, but this is also a fire hazard. I would recommend that you call out an appliance engineer to look at this.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for your time Rich. Much appreciated.

Hi Andy,

I hope my answer was helpful, if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

HI Andy,

Could you complete the rating please?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Advice was spot on. Engineer said main element, thermostat, plus temp sensor required to fix. Quoted £250 estimate. So decided to replace with a new one.