Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

When I empty my full sink, some of the water drains out of

Customer Question

When I empty my full sink, some of the water drains out of the internal vent on my dishwasher. The drain loop is higher than the sinks and there does not appear to be a blockage in the waste system under the sink. The dishwasher drains normally after a cycle.
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

This appears to be a matter of pressure and flow rate.

Can you upload a picture of the setup under the sink please?

There are a few options such as fitting a non return but thats not an ideal approach, by seeing the setup I may be able to give you a better solution.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
James,
Thank you but I am okay with the drain waste system. The pipework could be lower but I had already raised the dishwasher drain loop to be higher than the sink wastes. There are no blockages in the pipework. I am now going to check out the non return valve on the dishwasher.
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

Let me know how you get on, and if you have any further questions.

Expert:  JamesI replied 14 hours ago.

Hi Martin, I havent heard from you in a while so wanted to follow up to see how your have got on with the dishwasher drained problem?