JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a 3 year old rangemaster classic 90 with 5 induction

Customer Question

I have a 3 year old rangemaster classic 90 with 5 induction hobs. one of these - the central one at the back - has stopped working. The light comes on butit doesn't seem to regognise when a pan is placed on there and fails to heat up.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 days ago.

This suggests you have a fault on the induction coil Tim, as the coil senses when a pan is present.

Can you provide me all the details on the rating plate which should be located near the oven compartment and include a serial number.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The plate reads Classic DL 90 Induction Cranberry/Chrome
Serial no 9024 180013
Tim Lulham
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 days ago.

I can confirm the appliance is out of the warranty period with Rangemaster. Due to the cost of parts likely to be in excess of £100 I would strongly suggest going for a fixed price repair plan, Repair Care offer such a plan, and are also the firm who Rangemaster use for in warrenty repair.

The typical cost is around £180 inc call out, labour and parts, their number is *****(###) ###-#### then selecting option 1 and 1 again, to get through to someone who can provide you with a quote and book you in. The average wait time is 5 minutes.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.