JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Siemens WIQ1430 which despite its age has been

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Siemens WIQ1430 which despite its age has been working fine upto the point where I paused a wash to add an item and since then it does not run. There are no error codes. I can programme a wash but when you go to start it does its start bleep but nothing happens. I have tried turning it off, unplugging but each time it gets to the point where you press start and it goes no further. I am wondering if there is a simple action I can perform or if I need to get someone to look at it.
Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a Siemens WIQ1430 and it's got to be around 14 years old.
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what needs doing?
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I hope I have listed as much information on the problem and actions I have taken as possible.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Good morning,

What lights/symbols are shown on the control panel, and hae you tried holding the door inwards when pressing the start button as its most likely the door lock which is causing your issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The panel is showing the normal display that you would get with inputting programme details. When you go to start programme start light is flashing. Press start and the appliance does its start bleep but nothing happens. I have tried pushing door in but makes no difference. You can't cancel or change without turning it off. The door was replaced a couple of years ago and the appliance is only used once or twice a week.
Expert:  JamesI replied 29 days ago.

Please see the video here which explains how to replace the interlock, if the interlock is not at fault then it suggests a PCB fault which would be uneconomical to repair based on the age of the appliance.

The interlock can be purchased here for around £50, but if you trust ebay you may wish to pick it up from here for half the price.

Expert:  JamesI replied 29 days ago.

If you do not wish to use ebay please see Ransom Spares here.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hi. Ordered part and fitted replacement. No change in symptoms so must be PCB.