JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have recently purchased a Milano MLN10FRS Range and would

Customer Question

Hi There
I have recently purchased a Milano MLN10FRS Range and would like to know if there is any way of restricting the gas to the burners as the minimum flame is a bit too high for simmering
Expert:  JamesI replied 28 days ago.

Hi Brian,

The gas flow is based on the size of each ring and regulated by the jet which makes up part of the burner, in combination with the gas control knob.

Looking at the installation manual there is not an option to reduce the gas flow or change out the jets to produce a smaller flame, this is because the flame is calculated specially to avoid them accidentally going out due to a gust of air, by changing the size of the flame there is a significant risk of the flame being blown out, resulting in gas still flowing.

James