JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Siemans dishwasher which has decided to work when

Hello,I have a Siemans dishwasher which has decided to work when it feels like it!What happens, completely randomly, is that when you put it on water does not pipe into the machine. Then on other occasions it does and works fine! Very bafflingI have had the pipes/plumbing checked and there are no blockages.Could it be the pump???Can you help please?
Expert:  JamesI replied 28 days ago.

Hi, the pump doesnt deliver water into the washer, this is delivered by the normal mains water pressure.

An intermittent fault is most likely due to a issue with the inlet valve, this is the internal mechanism which lets water in from the mains inlet pipe, and stops it once enough water has entered.

Its a challenge with intermittent faults as you need the fault to be present to check if it is the valve (which is getting power, but not operating), once proven its a simple case of swapping the valve which is around £30.

How often does the fault occur, and what is the ENR of the appliance (normally found on the rating plate to the side of the dishwasher door.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Hi James,Thx for coming back to me so quickly.
I am at work. Can I come back to you later once I have the info you require?
Well, it's happened about three times in the last 7 days.
Then we did the washing up in the ol' fashioned way and then I tried it again, it worked twice and then went on the blink again!!
I'll come back to you later.All best,
Louise
Expert:  JamesI replied 28 days ago.

No problem Louise, I will await to hear back from you.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Hi James,So sorry, grandchildren issues when I go home.
I looked at the inside door and the following numbers:SE65E330GB/35Type S9JIS?Does this help?Louise
Expert:  JamesI replied 27 days ago.

Not a problem Louise, I have located the spare valve which can be found here for around £30.

I would be fairly certain this is the fault, if you can replicate the fault 2 in 5 times its worth getting the engineer out to test it, if its less than that its probably worth living with it until it becomes more frequent so you really want to be proving the fault before replacing parts.

Please provide me with your postcode and I can recommend you a local engineer.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Hi James,My post code is W13 0LD.Many thanks and sorry to mess you about.Louise
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Hi,Did you want to recommend a local engineer for me?
All best,
L
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
HiI don't think you ever came back to me with a local engineer who can fix my dishwasher?My postcode is W13 0LDPlease advise, if not I will try something else.Many thanks
L
Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.

I do apologise Louise.

With an intermittent fault I would be inclined to go with repairandprotect.co.uk, they are managed by D&G and provide a fixed price repair and protect service, the benefit is if they claim to fix the fault and another similar reoccurs they will keep coming out until the issue is repaired, and if they cant fix it on the second occasion will pay for a replacement machine.

With regard to a local engineer (who would be cheaper short term), I would suggest using First Call, they have excellent customer reviews, and their number is *****

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Many thanks for that.All best,
Louise
Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.
Great so I can close the case please rate the service using the star rating on this page