JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have just bought an aeg double oven, it has 2 live and 2

I have just bought an aeg double oven, it has 2 live and 2 neutral terminals on the cooker but I only have 1 of each from the cable. Do I need to change the cable or do I just use one L and one N of the cooker terminals
Expert:  JamesI replied 24 days ago.
Hi in most cases you fit the cable across both live and neutral, sometimes they come with a little metal bridge which jumpers the two terminals. Can you advise me of the model number and I can confirm for you?
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Dcb331010m
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Looks like there might be a bridge pre fitted ? Hopefully the photo is attached
Expert:  JamesI replied 24 days ago.
You can proceed to just install on one of the pit of terminals, providing the supply is cabals of 20amps
Expert:  JamesI replied 24 days ago.
As you will see in the picture you kindly attached there is a bridge jumpering the two live terminals and another the neutral terminals just below the screws. Please let me know if you need anything further
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** I know if the cable is 20amps, This is a picture of the terminal
Expert:  JamesI replied 24 days ago.
Go and check the fuse in the consumer unit it for that circuit. Secondly check the cable what is the thickness of the cable cores in mm this should be on the outer part of the cable
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Can't see any mm on Cable or on fuse switch. Attached are pictures of cable (quite thick and it is a pre existing cable used on a double oven for past 10 years). Picture of fuse box switch attached (it is the one to left of "bath heater"
Expert:  JamesI replied 24 days ago.
The fuse is a 32amp fuse, the cable should be sufficent too from what I can see. So your good to install.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Thanks for your help