JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a three & a half year old Bosch Exxcel washing

Customer Question

I have a three & a half year old Bosch Exxcel washing machine which stopped emptying the water out. I have cleaned the filter at the front but it still doesn't drain. Can you suggest anything else to do?
Expert:  JamesI replied 23 days ago.

Hi Georgina

When you set the washer on to a drain cycle can you hear the pump running?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
no
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I have emptied the water out of the drum and tried to spin the wet laundry but it doesn't spin either.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Can I get an answer to my question?
Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.
Ok what is shown on the display when you set the washer on a drain only cycle?
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
E18
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Actually it starts with 0:01 then hums for more than a minute and then shows E18. I have drawn the water out a couple of times through the front filter trap. There is no obstruction and the spinner turns freely. The hose st the pack is fixed inside the back panel so I can’t check that but the other end of the waste looks clear.
Expert:  JamesI replied 21 days ago.

E18 suggests the drain pump has timed out.

The fact your not hearing the drain pump running points to a faulty pump.

A replacement pump costs about £15 from here.

Please advise if your looking to replace it yourself (in which case I can send you a video showing what is required) or if you wish me to recommend a local firm (in which case please include your postcode).

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Can you send the video and when I’ve watched it I will know if I can manage or not. Thank you.
Expert:  JamesI replied 21 days ago.

Please see video here.

Expert:  JamesI replied 16 days ago.

Hi Georgina,

Please advise if you need anything further, and rate the service received by me using the star rating on this page.

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 days ago.

I havent heard from you in a few days, do you require any further assistance