JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a new neff built in oven b57cr22.0b Is it possible to

Hi there. I have a new neff built in oven b57cr22.0b Is it possible to get the main display to show the countdown timer when it’s set without me having to press the timer button? Currently my screen only shows a timer counting up from the time the oven switches on. Thank you!
Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.
The timer counting up is the time, it appears you just haven’t set the time on the oven.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hi there. Thanks for replying. The time and date is set - and below that is the timer which counts up the time that the oven has been switched on for. When I set the cooking timer a Bell logo appears in the top left hand corner of the display but you cannot actually see how much is left on the timer without pressing the clock logo. I was wondering if I could change the display to see the countdown timer on the screen without having to press the logo?
Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.

Thank you for clarifying Catherine, I will need to lookup the clock/timer module in your appliance to determine if this is something you can change, and be back with you shortly.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thanks James - really appreciate your help
Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.

I have tracked down the particular timer you have, the timers are design to auto hide as you have discovered after a short period of inactivity as you have noticed. This feature can not be disabled, and you cant chose which timer should always be displayed.

There are some Neff models which dont have a counter which shows the duration the cooker has been on for which will show the timer (if set), but this model doesnt support that feature.

Due to a design decision made by Neff you cant change the way the timer operates. The only suggestion I have which I appreciate if less than ideal is to have a magnetic timer on the front you can set and see the time left (such as the one here), unless you wish to keep press the clock button to view the remaining time left.

I have passed on feedback on your behalf which hopefully will be taken into consideration for future models.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
ah shame! but a really useful response. Thank you.
Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.

No problem, so I may resolve the query please can you rate the service received by me using the star rating on this page.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
no problem