JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My Bosch washer dryer WVG30461GB/01, 2 months out of its

My Bosch washer dryer WVG30461GB/01 , 2 months out of its warranty, keeps tripping all the sockets in my house. It doesn't do it on all programs but definitely on easy care and mixed load. Is this likely to be a problem that can be fixed?
Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.

Hi Mandy,

This type of fault suggests its tripping the RCD, which points towards a earth fault.

It would be worth determining if the fault occurs only during the wash stage or drying stage, so we can narrow down which item is faulty.

With these type of faults its normally the heating element, once I know if its the washer or dryer I can better advise on the cost of repair and your options.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
It never trips on the drying program
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Have you any idea if this type of fault can be repaired?
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hello James, are you still there?
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
You were going to advise on cost of repair and my options
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
You haven't actually helped me at all with my question
Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.
Hi Mandy, sorry it appears you have received my response this afternoon.
If it’s not occurring during the drying cycle it’s most likely the water heating element which is starting to fail. Most likely programs for hit washes will cause the issue and rinses and cold wash programs result in it not tripping.
An element is around £50 and can be ordered here http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/00649798
It’s about 30 min job to fit it and something you could do yourself, by removing he back panel.
If you would like me to recommend someone please provide you postcode otherwise I can send you a link to a video showin what is required.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thanks for your suggestions.I appreciate you getting back to me. We'll book a Bosch engineer today.
Expert:  JamesI replied 21 days ago.

No problem Mandy, appreciate if you can rate the service received using the star rating on this page.

By all means do come back to me with any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hi James,I don't think the problem is the heating element as I have managed a cotton hot wash with no tripping. You have helped me decide to call in the Bosch engineer and I am going to try to narrow down the programs which cause the tripping in the meantime. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  JamesI replied 21 days ago.

No problem Mandy, if its not related to the temp see if there is a pattern based on the spin speed.

Its certainly worth narrowing down the fault before calling an engineer down, so you can be sure they have fixed it when they leave.

Appreciate if you can rate the service received using the star rating on this page, and please do let me know what the faulty part turns out to be.