Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Whirlpool 6SENSE Fridge Freezer, the freezer part is not

Customer Question

My Whirlpool 6SENSE Fridge Freezer, the freezer part is not reaching the required temperature for -18c so I can put the food in. it has been defrosted and is only reaching -12 . What can I do please?
Expert:  Daniel replied 22 days ago.

Is the fridge section still working ok?

Also if you have removed the back panel inside the freezer to expose the evaporator is there even frost all over the evaporator or is the frosting in just one section?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hi Daniel, yes the fridge is working O.K. yes we have removed the panel at the inside of the freezer and there is no ice now, as we allowed it to melt before it was replaced
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
We plugged in the appliance and have left it overnight and the reading this morning is -12c and flashing and the triangle is on the panel but is not flashing
Expert:  Daniel replied 21 days ago.

Ok so as the fridge is working then we know the fan motor is runing fine. So if theres no ice on the evpaorator blocking it up and its only reaching -12c then its looking like its a compressor fault here im afraid.

But first try this and see what happens. Open both doors and remove the plastic trim on the front at the bottom.

Behind there on the right is the condenser. If this is blocked thick with dust vac it out and see how it goes from there.

But if that isnt the case then im afraid its going to be the compressor. Now this isnt a diy fix as a fridge engineer will need to do this. As it will be a weak compressor so its not able to fully pump the gas around hence it getting to about -12c.

But this isnt a cheap im afraid as a compressor fitted is about the £300 mark roughly on these.

So try the above first and see what happens. But if you need anymore info just get back to me.