Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My cooker keeps cutting off completely dies then some time

My cooker keeps cutting off completely dies then some time later it comes back on
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD TAKE THIS LONG TO ANSWER A SIMPLE Q
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Can you post the model number please.

Also when you use the oven do you feel any air coming out from under the control panel at the front?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hotpoint Model number EW38G
Never noticed any air

Ok this model doesnt have the cooling fan which blows the air through the top door so dont worry about that.

If the oven is cutting out like this then its more then likely the timer unit.

But first if you can check the wiring to the mains connection box at the back in case theres burning on the connection box.

But if thats all ok then im afraid its looking like a faulty timer unit here which will need to be replaced to cure this im afraid. As this model doesnt have a overheat thermostat or cooling fan so if theres no bad connections on the connection box then its going to be the timer which will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
DO YOU MEAN THE CLOCK TIMER FOR THE OVEN WOULD TRIP THE WHOLE COOKER ? EVEN THE HOB RINGS ?

Sorry thought you ment it was just the oven cutting out not the whole cooker.

In this case it will be either the mains connection box at the back of the oven or the power supply to the cooker is the fault. As for total lose of power it will be one of them.

So pull cooker out and open the plastic connection box and inspect the wiring there for burning. If fine then you need a test meter and run the cooker till it cuts out and then with your test meter you can check to see if theres 230v there. If there isnt then the supply to the cooker is the fault.

So check that and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you read my instructions at the start i did say that my cooker cuts out completely not just the oven !
i have pulled out timer but reasoned it cant be that , must be power source , now you agree with my thoughts, now i will investigate what i thoughtregards

Just check the mains connection at the back as somtimes the box can burn but if thats fine then its possibley the wall switch or juncation box if it has one thats causing this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yup found the damage, loose wire as i thought, so wish i had checked it myself, have undid front of cooker and got out timer but troubled me,

Nice one, Glad to hear you found the fault.

Hopefully that will sort it from there for you.