JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We have cleaned the drain filter on our Miele W853 washing

We have cleaned the drain filter on our Miele W853 washing machine. Water is still pouring from the bottom of the machine once we have closed the small door. How do we correct this please?
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 16 years old model W853
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if simple
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When screwing the filter back in firmly water still comes from the small drain pipe. The light saying 'check drain' had lit up. It worked fine beforehand.

Just to clarify water is not coming from the drain cap which you screwed in but the small drain hose to the side?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We have cleared the back of the filter. It now seats and the water is no longer running from the small drain pipe but the red check drain is on and water remains in the machine when you try to run a cycle.

Ok, its worth checking the drain pipe isnt blocked or the drain its connected to isnt blocked.

The most likely fault is the pump if you have checked the filter and the drain pipe.

If you would like me to recommend an engineer to fit a new pump please provide your postcode.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We have checked the drain pipe at the back. It allows water to flow away. We agree it could be the pump. We can use a local engineer possibly but a recommendation may be useful too. Thank you.

Please provide your postcode so I can recommend someone.