Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I've got a Lindo300 washing machine & ive selected the

Customer Question

I've got a Lindo300 washing machine & ive selected the program to run but it won't start. The timer just to the program will finish in 1 min then it beeps like it does at the end of a cycle. The door is also locked shut. Help!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 1 month ago.

Try turning this off at the mains power for a few minutes and then power back on.

Then try opening the door and see if normal operation is resumed.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I presume this message is a joke. Please send me a helpful answer or send me a refund.

Turning the power off for a few mins often resets the system and frees a stuck door latch but sounds like you have tried that.

Is the water supply to the machine OK and does it start filling?

Are there any error codes being displayed?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is no error code. The machine starts to fill then the timer drops to 1 minute left then it beeps as it would normally do when a cycle has finished

Is the key symbol illuminated on the display panel?

If so, press the temperature button and the spin one together to deactivate it.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've left the machine off at the mains for a while then been able to run a cycle but the issue has happened again when I've tried another load of washing. Again have switched off for a while but had no luck in being able to get the machine to work & have a machine that has a small amount of water in and a locked door

I'm out ideas, so I'll opt out so that another Expert might be able to assist you further.

Best Regards,

Rich

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

It looks like Richard has opted out of this so i will be able to help you on this.

First off can you post the model number of the washer so know which model you have.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's a Lindo300, is that the right thing or do I need to look for another number?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Lindo is just the range. If you open the door there will be a sticker on the inside there. The model number will be on that.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't open the door it's locked shut
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok is there any chance you could post a picture of the front control panel of the washer.

Then i should be able to work out which style it is of electronics,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've managed to get the door open but tried another cycle & same thing has happened so locked shut again. Model no. ZWF81663W, type FLP5461C1, prod no.###-##-####00
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for that.

Lets see what the error code is stored in there.

Set the washer going on a spin cycle and then you need to press and hold the start button and the button to the left it at the same time.

Keep them both held in and after a few seconds the error code will flash up E??

Let me know what code you get.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It says E66
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok E66 is a heating related fault.

Now this is either the heater element leaking to earth or the control board at fault here.

If you have a test meter that can check earth leakages then you need to check the wash heater at the back to see if its going to earth. If so then the heater will need to be replaced.

But if the heater is fine then im afraid the main control board itself is the fault and will need to be replaced.

But to be honest most of the time for the E66 error code its the control board that causes this fault.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** like this is it better to get a new machine?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

If its the control board then yes you will be better with a new washer and the control board is about the £150 mark.

But the heater is about £50 roughly so if it is the heater then its worth fixing.