Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a ZKT6050X cooker with touch control hob. It is not

I have a ZKT6050X cooker with touch control hob. It is not working reliably, sometimes the touch control works then other times it wont. Do I have to change the whole hob, is it worth while taking it apart to clean it or adjust anything.

When you get this fault were the hob controls dont work correctly all the time its usually the touch control board which falls down from the under side of the glass top.

What you need to do is open the top oven door and there look under the front console panel and you will see a few screws.

Remove these and lift the front part of the hob top up.

Make sure the power is turned off and then you can see the touch control board.

Give this a push up and see if it clicks into place there as like i said sometimes the board falls down so it doesnt touch the under the side of the glass.

So check that and see what you find from there and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Daniel. Thanks for reply. I had previously looked at this board and it appeared in place. Does move around but no way of getting it closer to the glass, but could not see how to remove it and looking at other web pages i could only see hob and control unit as one item. However have looked again and it now works ok. So must of moved it again and it now aligns with the buttons on glass. But it's all too late as the wife never liked the controls so have ordered a new cooker.