Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Zanussi oven,model no. ZCG662GXC, serial no. 048

I have a Zanussi oven,model no. ZCG662GXC, serial no. 048 00724. The grill stays alight only when the control knob stays held down.Have you any thoughts on how to overcome this problem?

If the grill only stays lit when you hold the knob in then the thermocouple will be the fault here. This is the safety device that picks up the flame when its lit.

When you get this fault then the thermocouple isnt sensing the flame so turn the gas off to it.

So for this fault the thermocouple will need to be replaced from there and this will cure the fault here.