Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

Assistant: What is your issue regarding? The Control Panel

Customer Question

Assistant: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: The Control Panel light on our Creda Reflection Double Oven has stopped working. The oven is about 15 years old and works perfectly, but it's v. hard trying to read the oven temperature, etc. Do I need to replace a bulb? If so, how do I do that?
Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Its a Reflection Built-under double Oven 48196
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've already switched the Oven off and pulled off the 6 timer knobs, and removed screws at the top left of the top panel.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Forget it - Have fixed the problem before you have tried to respond with an answer. Please refund 100% via Paypal.
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 1 month ago.

Yes, you need to replace the tube, which for example is available here:

https://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/brands/creda/cookers-hobs/48196/light-tube/18424.htm

I believe its an 8w florescent tube 300mm by 16mm diameter, but you can confirm that when you remove the old one.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Rich