Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I have a Bosch combined microwave / conventional oven

Customer Question

Hello Pearl, I have a Bosch combined microwave / conventional oven HBC84E653B, about 5 years old. The microwave has stopped working. It appears to switch on and start counting down but then switches off completely after about a minute. No heating has happened at all. Any thoughts. I’m tempted to bin it. Thanks, Colin
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: HBC84E653B about 5 years old
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can, yes
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really other than that it is quite heavily used and I need to either fix it or replace it quite quickly
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 1 month ago.

Hi Colin,

There are a few simple things you can check but after that, it's probably most economical to buy a new one:

1. Is the door seal completely clean and is the door latching properly?

2. Are all external ventilation grills clean and unblocked?

3. Inside the microwave, there may be a waveguide cover is this intact and in place?

4. Try a different setting, does that work?

Failing that it is likely to be an electrical problem with the control board or magnetron which produces the microwaves.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Rich