Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Kenwood Slimline Dishwasher KDW45B13 which I have

Customer Question

I have a Kenwood Slimline Dishwasher KDW45B13 which I have not used for a month as we have been away. I put it on this morning and the lights all flash. I have switched it off and on again, but it either has all lights flashing or, if the programme button works the programmes just go from one to the other and I cannot stop them.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.
Good morning, do you still require assistance?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the dishwasher is not working. I think the problem lies partly in the start/pause button. When I switch it on either all the lights flash on the panel or it rushes through all the programmes without me being able to stop it at the required one.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
But I have already paid £20 just to prove "my integrity". Now you are asking for a further £15 to give me an answer. I could have called out an engineer for £35!
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.
The £20 is a deposit, additional services such as phone calls cost more eg £15, these are optional so can be discarded. The fault is certainly a hardware one and sounds likely to be a faulty pcb which makes up the programme / start buttons. Are the buttons moving freely when you press them?
Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.

Do you require any further assistance?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I responded to this by saying that the stop/start button does not move in freely. But I have just had another go at starting it and am currently running it on empty.
Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.

Ok, let me know how it gets on running through a cycle.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
The machine has just completed it's cycle and seems to be working fine. I will use it again in the morning and see what happens.
Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.

Ok, it may be some dirt got into the PCB which caused the issue and it has now worked its way out.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thanks, I'll check it works tomorrow.
Expert:  JamesI replied 21 days ago.

I will await to hear back.