Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Zanussi washing machine showing error code EH1.

I have a Zanussi washing machine showing error code EH1. Working great until tonight. Went to spin cycle and error popped up! Tried all cycles with no result other than EH1 code and start button flashing red?

EH1 error code is a power supply fault.

Now this is either a fault on the power supply or the control board is the fault here.

What you need to do is try the washer in another plug socket and see how it goes from there.

But if its still the same in another socket then im afraid the main control board is the fault here and it will need to be replaced to cure the fault.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for quick reply. Tried other sockets earlier and again at your suggestion. No change! The main control board is odiously the problem. What should we do next? Is it worth getting fixed? Cost involved for part and service if appropriate. Advises welcomed

If the power supply isnt the issue which to be honest most of the time it isnt then its the control board.

Now price wise for a new board fitted you are looking at the £170 mark unless you are doing youself thenthe part is about £120.

So its a gamble weather its worth the repair as its an expensive fix. So personally i would get a new washer but thats up to yourself.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** best policy. From my perspective, you are talking about circa €220 which would go along way in getting a new machine. May even be more! Any advise on what to be weary of in buying a replacement machine to avoid an apparent circuit board problem again?Had drum problems and wear and tear but never a circuit board problem.

To be honest nealy all washers now a days are electronic. They just fill them with control boards as its cheaper for them to make the washers.

I would get a new washer myself for this fault and i would probberly get a cheap indesit washer for about £150 and if it lasts 3 years thats great as modern washers dont last long anymore im afraid.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for advise. New machine for Christmas. Thanks