JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a CDA 4 plate induction hob, It has received very

Hi there I have a CDA 4 plate induction hob, It has received very little use in the 4 years since fitted.
The problem I have is that Both right plates stopped working on separate occasions not long after fitting.
They both also flash E & 4 intermittently.
Can you please give me any idea what the problem could be?
And if it’s an economical repair ?
Dave

E4 suggest a faulty installation configuration, it may be you have set up the power rating in the install menu as far above what the mains power supply can provide eg setting 50A rather than 30A.

With that said it shouldnt have caused the hot plates to stop working all together, which makes me think your looking at a faulty PCB as the induction hob electrics are split in two (left and right), so if both ones on the right have failed it points to the PCB as thats the only component they share in common, it may also be generating the fault code E4, even if the installation is setup correctly.

Your looking about £100 in parts, when you consider you can get a new hob for £200 here, you may be better opting for replacement rather than repair.