JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My gas oven has no power to it .then after several hours the

my gas oven has no power to it .then after several hours the power comes back on and works perfectly

This sounds like a lose connection or possibly a faulty switch on the oven, does this fault seem to be intermittent?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it will work ok for days then the power will go off but the hob will work ok . Same supply from wall socket .

Ok so the hob still functions, is it a gas hob?

Does the timer on the front of the cooker also go off when the fault occurs?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is a gas hob with electric igniter. No timer/clock display when fault occurs.

This points towards a fault with the PCB then, as the igniter forms a different part of the circuit.

With these types of fault, and the taking into account the cost of a gas safe engineer, its going to be cheaper to replace the oven than repair it, however if you advise me of the model number, I can see if parts can still be sourced for it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is Beiling XOU70G MKII; Model Number###-##-####

The parts are still readily available the PCB costs a £30 from here, however you will need a gas safe engineer to strip the appliance down as its a gas appliance.

You will likely struggle to find a local engineer who is trained on gas appliances, however if you provide me with your postcode I can see if we can recommend someone in your area.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Postcode KT123AR

I would try and contact either CCR or CE, their numbers are below, both have excellent customer feedback and are showing as providing support for gas cookers..

CCR - 01895 234089

CE -(###) ###-####7906

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

James

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

No problem appreciate if you can rate the service received to date using the star rating above, and do come back to me should you need anything further regarding your oven.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i ordered the pcb board you suggested and it says on the packet pcb fan controller is this the right part ?

No the fan controller should be a separate PCB the Belling team advised there was only one PCB, on checking the parts diagram again the PCB required is separate from the Fan controller, its the PCB which has two relays, it has the input from the mains power then two relays controlling the element.

I am sorry from what I can tell Belling have defined the other PCB as the timer, so it appears the product department just search for the word PCB and didnt spot the timer, the part is here, and you can verify thats the case by removing the top and checking you have a large cable comming in from mains supply and two large relays going out to the element, which also includes the display/timer interface.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sadly I’ve wasted £30 and the correct pcb is £88 if I’m correct .

If you ordered it from the link above they accept returns since they stated its the main PCB when it wasnt they will take it back no issue, and yes your correct the price they quote for the new part is £89