carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

I have an 11 year old Bosch Classixx 1200 Express fron

I have an 11 year old Bosch Classixx 1200 Express fron loading washing machine. When set to our normal wash cycle, the powder is washed out of the tray but nothing happens, the machine does not start, the timer counts down to zero but nothing happens. Do you know how I can fix this?

​My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

​Could you answer the following for me

​Does the machine fill with water ok?
​if you set the machine to a spin cycle does the drum spin? Can you hear motor running?
​Does the machine drain? if set to a drain cycle?

Do you have any fault codes?

​Have you check the drain filter to see if it is clear?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Carl,
When I set the machine to wash cycle the water comes in via the powder tray. I can see it entering into the drum. The timer counts down and later in the cycle some more water enters through the powder tray - so yes there is water in the drum but i think it is only the water that enters through the powder tray. Also the drum does not turn at all through the program countdown.
I don't stay with the machine the whole time so don't know if it makes a noise at any point but when I tried it separately on the spin cycle it did make a sort or scraping noise which could be the motor but the drum did not spin.
When I went to look at it at the end of the wash cycle there was no water in the drum so perhaps it did drain at the end.
I don't see any fault codes on the display.
I did clear the filter at the bottom front of the machine - there was nothing in it and this did not make a difference.
Hope this helps
Barry

Hi Barry,

​Are you able to move the drum by hand if you can, does it scrape and grind if it grinds and feels stiff to move it could be the bearing need changing.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi carl, The drum turns easily without a sound so that can't be the problem

I think then it is likely to be the motor or the board that controls the motor. It could be the motor just needs a new set of brushes. Would you be looking at repairing the machine yourself?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will have a go myself

T​he first thing to check would be the motor brushes Normally you can get to the motor through that back of the machine or from underneath. I will see if I can find some diagrams to help you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK thanks