JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Panasonic Vierra will not turn on Red LED on panel lit and

Panasonic Vierra will not turn on Red LED on panel lit and flashes when remote used but screeen dead and LED does not turn to green

How many times does the LED flash, this points to a fault on the power board.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
LED constant until remote pressed. Flashing red LED while remote pressed. Let go of remote reverts back to constant red
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have second TV from Panasonic. Both remote working fine on second TV. Press, plash three times or so (1 second) and on comes constatnd green. The faulty one just flashes while I press the on button, and reverts back to constant red after I release the on button. Screen dead all the time.

Thank you for clarifying, unplug the TV for 5 minutes.

Plug it back in and try and switch it on using the power button to the rear/side of the TV.

Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No change after doing this. Got some problem activating from stand-by.

Ok this points towards a faulty power supply board, this is responsible for taking the TV out of standby and then powering the main control board.

The fact the TV isnt coming out of standby suggests this is a power board fault, otherwise you would hear a relay clicking and the LED would keep flashing and come out of Standby.

Since this is a hardware fault the best course of action is taking the Tv to a local engineer, if you provide me with your postcode I can recommend someone local.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OX33 1AW. Many thanks

I would suggest contacting Wadleys on 01869 252117 or Oxford Powershop on 01865 375834.

Both have excellent customer services, and competitive rates.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You have been a great help thank you

No problem, so I can resolve the case please rate the service using the star rating on this page.