JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Second opinion] my Lamona dishwasher has two flashing lights

second opinion] Hi my Lamona dishwasher has two flashing lights and is not working. Any ideas?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Lamona built in...not sure of model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not quite sure what you mean?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don’t think so
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Any ideas?

Good morning, which lights are flashing on the washer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2 and 3 if the first one is the no heat light

Ok switch the appliance off, hold in the start and program selector buttons then press the power button, keep the buttons held in for 5 seconds.

Then press the start button once and close the washer door, let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It ran a short test programme...when it stopped and I opened the door there are no lights on and I cannot select a programme at all to start a new wash...no lights now.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Any further thoughts? Cheers

Was there water in the bottom of washer when you opened the door?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Don’t think so

Ok this suggests the fault lies with the PCB, and with parts on average costing in excess of £150 would suggest this would be an uneconomical repair.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you mean the main display PCB?

Give me a minute to locate the replacement part.

Sorry for confusion a colleague just pointed out that Lamona PCB's are alot cheaper (for some reason), a new PCB for the dishwasher can be found here for £35, its not the display PCB but the central PCB which takes input from all sensors, power supply etc.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks...is there a trick to removing the PCB? Without breaking it!

No, I often find if the plastic looks brittle it wont matter what you do if its going to snap off. Just try and leaver two of the clips at the same time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, thanks for your help