JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My Siemens oven HB78GB590B/45 on/off button has stopped

My Siemens oven HB78GB590B/45 on/off button has stopped working. I switched the appliance off on the spur and when switched back on the clock and language options appear so it seems to get power ok. Any ideas how this can be fixed?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can someone please get back to me with an answer regarding the above question? I thought it was supposed to be within 30 minutes and this was yesterday evening?

Hi Malou, I am sorry for the delay received to date, we aim to answer within 30 minutes but it is dependent on time of day and how busy experts are.

With regard to your query you switched the oven off and on, and you cant get it to work while its asking for language and time/date, and your wanting to know how to go complete the setup to get it back into a working state, is this correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi James, the on/off button basically doesn’t work. When you press it nothing happens while if you press the other buttons you can feel they work although I can only tell the time button works as the other buttons won’t do anything until the oven is switched in. So I guess my question is how do you replace/repair the on/off button on this model?

Just to confirm, after switching the oven back on you have gone through the setup and set the language and time, however after which the oven then doesnt work, or are you trying to switch the oven on when the language and time is still shown in the display?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
After I have set the time and language I try and switch the oven on and it doesn’t go on when I press the on/off button

Ok, its possible the switch is faulty as you suggest but in most cases its the PCB which is actually at fault.

On your model however the switch is part of the display PCB. Give me a minute to lookup the part.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. What does PCB stand for?

Right the display PCB (printed circuit board) is known as the operating module this houses the display, micro switches (one of which is on/off) but excludes the round selector dial.

Its very difficult to prove the micro switch has failed or the relay on the main PCB which is a separate board.

The operating module is part number 00746727 and around £280, the main PCB which could be the other faulty component is around £80 part number(###) ###-####/p>

As your looking at a significant cost I would strongly suggest opting for a fixed price repair and protect plan with D&G, if your oven is out side of its warranty period. The average cost is around £160 which includes all parts, labour and then gives you a further years warranty (and in this case works out cheaper than the parts alone!)

Details for such a plan can be found here, please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I will have a look at this. Will they allow you to take out policy if appliance is faulty?

The policy is not a extended warranty but a 'repair and protect' they expect you already have an issue you need repaired, and then provide a warranty after repair. If for what ever reason they cant repair it when they attend, they offer a full money back guarantee.

Appreciate if you can rate the service received to date using the star rating on this page, do come back to me if you have any further questions.