JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

One of the burners in my Creda Colonial Model No. 49806 is

One of the burners in my Creda Colonial Model No. 49806 is very difficult to light. There appears to be no spark present to ignite to gas.
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: This has been occurring for a while and I usually light up with match.
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really except the cooker is about 20 years old.

The most common issue is due to a faulty electrode, its a vertical pillar next to the burner, can you see any sign of damage?

A new electrode can be sourced here for around £20, as with any gas appliance you will require a gas engineer to fit it.