Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a Hoover dynamic next DNC D813b dryer. 2 years old.

Hello, we have a Hoover dynamic next DNC D813b dryer. 2 years old. There is no display.
One day it was working fine. Turned it off with the dial on the machine. Next day we turned it on via the dial and there was nothing there on the display. Checked the fuse which is fine.Any idea?

If the fuse is fine but theres nothing coming on then its either the mains filter, Wiring or the control board. Thats the only thing that can cause this fault.

What you need to do is remove the top of the dryer and make sure its unplugged.

Then at the back you will see the mains filter. This is the part which the power cable goes to.

Check this for burning and check the wiring there. If you have a test meter and know how to check for voltage then check you have 230v there.

If so then follow the wires to the control board and check theres 230v going to the board.

If there is then its the control board at fault here and will need to be replaced if you wanted this fixing.

So check them and see what you find as the fault will be with one of the above. Im afraid its more then likely the control board but see what you find.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
It's not likely to be the switch unit behind the main dial? I seem to remembe replacing one on a Hoover washing machine or dryer...I may be wrong. The mains filter seems ok. I would need an AC tester to check for power? My brother has a DC tester but I think that is just for motor vehicles.

The switch you see is all part of the control board im afraid. This comes as a complete unit.

On older models they used to have a seperate switch but not anymore im afraid.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Ok thanks for your help. Hopefully Hoover will send one as I have a parts guarantee.

Your welcome.

But im afraid Hoover wont send parts out to you. If you have the parts warrenty then to get this you have to pay there labour which is about £120 from memory.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Yeah I did ring them and that's what they said. I presumed with a parts guarantee I could just order what parts I needed! Sure I'll find the part somewhere. I'd rather be buy a new one than pay 120!