JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a rangemaster professional plus 90. One of the gas

Hello.I have a rangemaster professional plus 90.One of the gas burners had stopped working. Gas is getting through, it’s igniting, but not staying on.

Am I right in thinking the flame goes away as soon as you release the gas control knob for the hob?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi James. That is correct... regardless of how long I keep it engaged.

This issue will be due to the themocouple, which cuts of the gas if no flame is detected to stop a gas leak in the event the flame blows out or the gas knob is knob to on in error.

The thermalcouples normally costs around £15, however to source the right part I need to know the make and model of the hob.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It’s a rangemaster professional plus 90.Is this sufficient?

Do you have a serial number shown on the rating plate you can provide?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where abouts on the oven would I find the plate?

Normally around the door frame, can you see the plate on the inside of the oven?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I’m at work. I will ask the Mrs and get back to you ASAP.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ser number;(###) ###-####Professional plus 90fsd dual dual gloss black

Great thanks, ***** ***** a short while, I need to locate the part.

The thermalcouple is described as the FSD (Flame Sensing Device) I assume its not the wok burner but another in which case it will be either the one here or here, you would need to look at the thermalcouple or call up the parts department and state which burner is at fault to work out which is required.

The two can be found here and here each under £10, as this is a gas appliance you will also need a gas safe engineer to attend to fit it, and recommission the appliance.

All in all it takes about 30 minutes to strip the top, replace the thermalcouple, and refit the top.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is actually the wok burner... but if you suggest calling them up, and telling them that, I’m sure that will be fine.

The wok FSD can be found here.

Do let me know if you need anything further.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All sorted. Much appreciated

GReat, so I can close the case please rate the service using the star rating on this page