JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have taken out my oven door to clean the glass panels.

I have taken out my oven door to clean the glass panels. Somehow the hinge mechanism on one side has become displaced from the angle at which it came out. The other one is OK. I cannot find a way to return the displaced one to the correct angle to replace the door. Advice please.

Good afternoon, is the hinge now in the closed (90 degree) position, and you looking to bring it back to the 45 degree (half open position)?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The latch which was to be opened as the first action to remove the door is now trapped down the side of the 90 degree open hinge.

Right this is a case of manual effort to open it back into place, start by use a small leaver eg screw driver to pull it a few millimetres away from the frame, then slot a bit of copper or plastic tube over the top of the hinge, you can now leaver the hinge back into the 45 degree position, and remove it once in place so you can fit the door.

The purpose of the tube is to just make it easier to reposition the hinge which is under tension.

Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
SUCCESS!

Great, so I can close the case please rate the service using the star rating on this page.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
SUCCESS,