JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Maybe you can help before i call out an engineer? I have a

Hi, maybe you can help before i call out an engineer?
I have a Lamona dishwasher model LAM8670, its all working fine except its not emptying the waste water at the end of its cycle, any ideas?

If you run it on a rinse only / pre-wash cycle does it complete without incident?

With regard to the water left at end of cycle, how much water is left in the bottom (a few cups, a few litres)?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Hi James, i havent tried a rinse only or prewash ill try in a mo, the amount of water left is about 7-10 cup fulls.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Im ok typing thanks, ***** ***** started a prewash, after pulling the dishwasher out ive noticed the waste pipe is squashed in 2 places which could be the problem? Funny how this has only happened now after having the dishwasher fitted 2 years ago?

A squashed waste pipe would cause the problem, in essence it hasnt got enough flow to empty the water out fully.

Some times pipes kink over time or you may have caught the pipe under the sight and that caused it to become squashed.

I would be reasonably confident just running it now you has freed the pipe the issue will be resolved, if its not then it points to an issue with the drain pump or the waste pipe being blocked..

Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thanks James, after running the pre wash it has emptied completely, am now running a quick wash to make sure before i put everything back.. I was so frustrated, the guy who fitted the kitchen had run some pipes in front of the back leg of the dishwasher, there has been some bad language!
Anyway, thanks a lot.

No problem, do let me know once the dishwasher completes its quick wash.

So I can close the case please rate the service received using the star rating on this page.

James

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
All good James the water drained away.