Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

valuation for XXXXX XXXXXchtenstein Oval Office print signed in

Customer Question

valuation for XXXXX XXXXXchtenstein Oval Office print signed in pen by artist but not numbered.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 3 years ago.

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

.

Does it look like this , and what size is it?

.

1

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi Glenda! it!so the original full size so prob 42 by 36 inches, and yes that,s the right image.

It is signed in rollerball or ballpoint; I bought it in prob 1998 or thereabouts, but it is not numbered - it just has the quite prominent signature of the artist.

Clive

Clive

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX is the original signature of the artist, not a copied print with a copied signature?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi there - Yes it,s an original signature

Hi Clive,

.

To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. you cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails.

The XXXXX XXXXXchtenstein (American, 1923-1997). "A New Generation of Leadership (The Oval Office)". Color offset lithograph poster 1992. Signed,( not numbered ) lower right has an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of $2,500 - $3,000, 1,551.40 GBP-1,861.68 GBP, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Art Gallery or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As art is subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.

If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist UK, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

If there is anything further you need to know regarding your question please feel free communicating this to me ( with reply to expert button ) any problem can be resolved. A satisfactory rating ( one of the top 2 ) allows me to be credited for my time answering your question. I always do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, use the specific ask for expert function. Then just put my name ( Glenda )at the beginning of your question.

Please consider doing the survey when you get it in email, ( this impacts my job ) please consider that the rating is for my Professionalism and courteousness to the customer. I am not responsible for any values that are not as high as expected. ( which I have no control over ).

It has been a pleasure working for you, I look forward to it again.

Thank you so much!

Glenda

.

Keep in mind there are a Multitude of Categories to serve you, from Legal to Pets and everything in between.