Tim in Appraisals
Tim in Appraisals, Fine Art Appraiser
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA,
54025905

Hello, my husband and I have recently purchased a beautifully

Customer Question

Hello, my husband and I have recently purchased a beautifully executed portrait of a lady. Oil on canvas 19th century. It is unsigned but we would love to discover who painted it and who the lady may have been. Please could you advise who we could seek out to halp us. Obviously we are very happy to pay for the service.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Tim in Appraisals replied 3 years ago.

Tim in Appraisals :

Happy New year, my name is Tim, I am a Certified Fine Art and Decorative Art Appraiser. Thank you for an interesting and challenging question. The process would take a fair amount of research and time by an art researcher and exceeds the limitations of this site. I would love to work with you on this but I am out of your area, so I will refer you to one closer to you, Phillip Mould. He specializes in English Portraiture and is a regular on Antique Roadshow UK. here is his website: http://www.philipmould.com/, & Phone: T: +44 (0)20 7499 6818. The address is : Philip Mould Ltd, 29 Dover Street, London,W1S 4NA. If I you require any further assistance please ask Cheers Tim