twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser
Experience:  28 years of appraisal experience. Author of 3 books on collecting. President of the Association of Online Appraisers.
57035021

Old print sir edwin lansdeer - shoeing the horse.

Customer Question

Category: Appraisals
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 3 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with this question.

The name of the artist is actually Edwin Landseer. The original painting from which your print is taken was made in 1844.

If your print is in excellent condition, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $175. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get approximately half the retail amount.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Carol.My goal is to provide you with absolutely excellent service, so please be sure to let me know if you have any additional questions about your print or want to follow up if you haven’t gotten the information you need. I would appreciate your positive rating, based on my service, so that I can be compensated for my work. There is no additional cost for this. Please consider that the rating is for my professionalism and courtesy to the customer. I am not responsible for any issues with the site, or any values that are not as high as expected (which I cannot control). Please also consider doing the survey when you get it in email (this impacts my job). Come back soon and ask for me, by using my name, Judith, as the first word of each question!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
http://imgur.com/oTYoCs0
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hey Judith. Thanks for your response however, I must strees that I think this is an original have photos of front and back with signature
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 3 years ago.
Hi Carol,
Thanks for sending a picture of the front. Can you add one of the back and one of the signature, please?

Also, I think you mean that this is an old print. It's not the original painting, and prints by definition are not originals, but copies of paintings.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 3 years ago.

Carol,
I have not yet answered your additional concerns. I asked for the picture of the back of the print and the picture of the signature. Can you send those, please?

Here is some help with pictures:

You can use the paper clip icon or the tree icon at the top of your answer box.

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures [email protected], and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.