twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser
Experience:  28 years of appraisal experience. Author of 3 books on collecting. President of the Association of Online Appraisers.
57035021

I have a David Shepherd painting titled Muffin and her pups,

I have a David Shepherd painting titled Muffin and her pups, can you tell me what its value is
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 3 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with this question.

Is this the picture?

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes it is
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, Helen.
You do not have a painting; you have a print. This is a famous painting and the original hangs in a museum.

Please look at the painting using a magnifier and tell me if you see lots of little dots or many lines. Also, please tell me the dimensions of the print.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's 23x16 inches. When I look at it closely you can see brush strokes and its signed David shepherd '83
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 3 years ago.

Thanks!
David Shepherd (b. 1931) is a well-known British artist and conservationist, who maintains a wildlife foundation and sells his artworks to support it.

Shepherd sells both original paintings and lithographed prints. Based on recent sales of comparable items, if your picture is in excellent condition and a print, signed by hand, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately GBP 80. If it is a print signed in the block (not in pencil, but printed on the paper), its retail value is approximately GBP 30. If it is an original painting on canvas, its current retail value is approximately GBP 300.

If you were to sell it, you could expect to get approximately haf the retail amount.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Helen. My goal is to provide you with absolutely excellent service, so please be sure to let me know if you have any additional questions about this picture or want to follow up if you haven’t gotten the information you need. I would appreciate your positive rating, based on my service, so that I can be compensated for my work. There is no additional cost for this. Please consider that the rating is for my professionalism and courtesy to the customer. I am not responsible for any issues with the site, or any values that are not as high as expected (which I cannot control). Please also consider doing the survey when you get it in email (this impacts my job). Come back soon and ask for me, by using my name, Judith, as the first word of each question!

twinb1201, Appraiser
Experience: 28 years of appraisal experience. Author of 3 books on collecting. President of the Association of Online Appraisers.
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your positive rating, Helen.
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 3 years ago.
Hi Helen,
If you have additional items you want to know about, I'd be happy to help you with those.

If you want me to answer your questions, all you need to do is use my name, Judith, as the first word of each question.
Best regards,
Judith-on-Antiques