Wayne
Wayne, Appraiser
Experience:  Appraiser
67223111

We have a picture of a royal bouquet - my mother believed it

Customer Question

We have a picture of a royal bouquet - my mother believed it was the queens wedding bouquet. Artists signature is A Zinkeisen 1953, it is a cream bouquet, the overall colour of the picture is green, it has the royal coat of arms in the top right corner with ER underneath it.
I have removed it from the frame to look at it properly, I cnt tll if it is watercolour or a poster stuck onto a card background. I am thinking it is unlikely to be a poster as it has hung on my grandmothers wall and then my mothers wall for years and years?
Can you help me please
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Wayne replied 3 years ago.
My name isXXXXX have been buying and selling art for over 40 years.
Can you post a photo? Go to http://www.imgur.com/ (no need to 'log in' or 'register' it makes it far too complicated) Click on Computer Select the pictures you want to send me from the box that pops up. Hit open. Click on Start Upload 
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi just seen your email - I will photograph the picture tomorrow when the light is better and upload it.

Thankyou!

Susan

Expert:  Wayne replied 3 years ago.
Great.
I will look for it.
Thanks,
Wayne
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Wayne

I have uploaded 4 photos - let me know if I havent acheived tge upload!

Sue

Expert:  Wayne replied 3 years ago.

Hi Sue,

You have to paste a link to the photos right here where you are talking to me.

Then I will be able to view them.

Thanks,

Wayne

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wayne just sent a picture attached to the reply - any good? Im not very good at this, if it wont do you will need to give me idiot instructions for the link! I thought after I had uploaded them you would just look for them!! Good job I am good at other things!

Sue

Expert:  Wayne replied 3 years ago.

Hi Susan,

This is a reproduction of a painting done for the Queen for her Coronation. Unfortunately it is only a print and not an original water colour. This is worth 20-30 pounds at auction and 100 Pounds Insurance value. Here is a link for one that is like yours http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Framed-Picture-of-The-Queens-Coronation-Bouquet-1953-/330982603385

Thanks,

Wayne

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi wayne

How can you tell its s print and not a water colour? There is no photograph of the ebay item you linked so I can't compare - except the ebay one says it has a label on the back stating it is a reproduction and mine hasnt. Did they make print copies in those days?

Expert:  Wayne replied 3 years ago.
Hi, The queen has the original painting. This is a copy of the original. Prints have been made for several hundred years. When you click on the link that I sent you, look to the left of the the listing you will see a photo of the print.http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Framed-Picture-of-The-Queens-Coronation-Bouquet-1953-/330982603385Cheers, Wayne