Tim in Appraisals
Tim in Appraisals, Fine Art Appraiser
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA,
54025905

We have 2 framed watercolour landscape paintings and 2 small

Customer Question

We have 2 framed watercolour landscape paintings and 2 small black and white ink framed drawings by Charles Armstrong. Born in Sunderland in 1864. He lived for a period of time in Ramsgate. One of the black and white ink drawings is of St. George's Church Ramsgate viewed from the sea, the second is St.George's Church tower viewed from a nearby street. Can you please advise the value of Armstrong's Art and is it still collectable. Regards D.XXXXXX

Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Tim in Appraisals replied 2 years ago.

Tim in Appraisals :

Good day,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been asked to assist you. I am a Certified Fine Art and Antique Appraiser, USPAP compliant Appraiser Accredited by ANA Appraisers, and IRS Qualified. It will be my pleasure to put my expertise, library and resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

To best assist you I need more information about your needs today and to know what questions you have? If you are seeking a value as well, before researching, it would help to know what type below fits your needs best:

Fair Market Value (if you plan to sell): Most up-to-date price range to expect if sold today. Estimated using the prices that buyers have recently paid and sellers have accepted in the open and competitive market.

Insurance Replacement Value (if you plan to keep): The amount replacement would cost today excluding any taxes or shipping fees. Can be printed and sent to your Insurance company (depending on your type of policy)

Please let me know your questions and which value type you are looking for and I will be back as soon as possible. I am looking forward to working with you to answer your question. Are you able to send pictures?

It would help to see clear digital photos with natural lighting. Please show the paintings front and back as a whole along with close-ups of any marks, signatures, damage, repairs, etc. Use the Macro (flower) setting on your camera for these close shots as clarity is of the utmost importance. The better the images, the more accurate your answer will be.

JustAnswer does not permit me to give you my email address so to share pictures there are a few options. There are two ways to get them to me immediately:

1. The paperclip icon built in the chat reply box here will upload your photos directly on your JustAnswer question page for me to view. Please follow the steps.

2. An offsite photo sharing website such as Imgur.com or PostIMG.org, where you upload your pictures to their site then share the URL links with me here so I can view them. No account is needed.

If you do not think these methods will work for you, pictures can always be emailed through JustAnswer but there is up to a 24 hour wait before I receive them.

Any email will have to be sent as follows:

​From: Your Email Address registered with JustAnswer

To:[email protected]

Subject: Pictures for Tim in Appraisals

Body Text: The URL Link Address for this Question

Attachments: Up to 5mb in pictures

Please make sure you reply when you send pictures to let me know how they were sent. If you need additional time, or assistance, or if pictures will not be available for any reason, please let me know! I look forward to your reply. Thank you

Customer :

​From:

To:[email protected]

Subject: Pictures for Tim in Appraisals

Attachments: Up to 5mb in pictures

Customer :

To:[email protected]

Subject: Pictures for Tim in Appraisals

Attachments: Up to 5mb in pictures

Customer :

From:

Customer :

http://vintagelefunk.imgur.com/

Customer :

I am still waiting for an answer. You have received my payment and the files and now I would like an answer.

Customer :

I

Customer :

I have not had a reply to my question. I submitted my question on 14/3/14 and have submitted photos as requested. I have paid $66 for information regarding my paintings.