twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser
Experience:  20 years of appraisal experience.
57035021

Banksy stencil titled "Matease"

I have been given a Banksy stencil titled "Matease 09" and  Numbered13/33, but unsure if it is authentic and would like to find out as it is rather beautiful and have been told to insure it. 

Category: Appraisals
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 2 years ago.

Hi Bernice,
My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with this question.

Items cannot be authenticated via the Internet. Would you like me to make recommendations of experts near you who can examine this item in person? If so, please tell me the nearest large city to you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Judith,

London is best for me.

Expert:  twinb1201 replied 2 years ago.
Bernice,
Here are some recommendations of highly qualified art appraisers in London. You should contact each of them, in order to find the best fit for you.

Bonham's - they are having a free appraisal day on April 9. All you need to do is show up - no appointment necessary. If you are unable to go on such short notice, you can call them to fid out when the next appraisal day will be.

101 New Bond Street
London
W1S 1SR
Tel: +44 20 7447 7447

and

Montpelier Street
Knightsbridge
London
SW7 1HH
Tel: +44 20 7393 3900

Christie's also does insurance appraisals. You can contact them at +44 (0)20 7839 9060

David Telleke & Asociates - you may call them at 0044 (0) 7801 682268.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Bernice. My goal is to provide you with absolutely excellent service, so please be sure to let me know if you have any additional questions about this or want to follow up if you haven’t gotten the information you need. I would appreciate your positive rating, based on my service, so that I can be compensated for my work. There is no additional cost for this. Please consider that the rating is for my professionalism and courtesy to the customer. I am not responsible for any issues with the site, or any values that are not as high as expected (which I cannot control). Please also consider doing the survey when you get it in email (this impacts my job). Come back soon and ask for me, by using my name, Judith, as the first word of each question!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Judith,

Many thanks for the recommendations. I will contact them accordingly.

Regards,

Bernice

Expert:  twinb1201 replied 2 years ago.
Wishing you the best of luck, Bernice!
twinb1201, Appraiser
Experience: 20 years of appraisal experience.
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your positive rating, Bernice!
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bernice,
If you have additional items you want to know about, I'd be happy to help you with those.

If you want me to answer your questions, all you need to do is use my name, Judith, as the first word of each question.
Best regards,
Judith-on-Antiques