Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

l have a set of a paintings signed ARNO,Paris scenes which

Customer Question

l have a set of a paintings signed ARNO,Paris scenes which l think or hope are origionals.l also have an untitled Trevor Waugh water colour print of a Dove Cote with a Thatched Roof Trevor tells me the origional is still in his possession and there were only 100 prints made.Also a print by by Glynn Mann? 565 of 850 Titled Bourton on the Water and a Black and White Pencil/Ink by Wilfrid Huggins (Origional?) signed by him with the word Greetings on the reverse (in his own hand) entitled Glass Blowers Merarno or Mirano,can you help with a valuation please?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

We do one item per question if you would like to pick which of these you would like answered on this question I would be happy to help you with that one.

.

Glenda

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

please appraise the set off 4 paris scenes signed ARNO

Are your pieces Oil on Canvas or are these prints?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
please appraise the set of 4 water colours by ARNO all are different PARIS scenes,and appear to be original as colour can be removed very gently with a damp q-tip.The titels are as follows 1- Paris Notre Dame.Aleside. 2-Paris Place du Tertre 3-Paris-les Bouguiuistes a' Notre Dame 4-Paris Moulin Rouge. Place Blanche.Can you possibly value ASAP as l wish to take these items to Auction in two days time and l need a guide line as to my reserve price MANY THANKS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

watercolours that appear to be origional as colour can be removed with very gentel pressure applied with a damp Q-tip

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
please appraise the set of 4 watercolours by ARNO as asked in my first question many thanks

By relisting instead of responding to me this put the question back on the board and I was not notified you sent a response. It is best to respond to question directly then the appraiser is notified.

I need to know what size these are.

I need to know what size these are?

I need to know what size these are?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sizes are 13 inches by 11 inches

.

To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. you cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails.

The signed set of 4 ARNO, Paris scenes have an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of 350.00-400.00 GBP, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.

If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

If there is anything else I can help you with on your question please feel free asking me with reply to expert button. Any problem or question can be resolved.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.

Clicking a rating following this answer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to rate me, this allows me to be compensated from JustAnswer, at no cost to you.

Thank you so much!

Glenda