Kim D.
Kim D., Antique Expert & Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25 Yr Decorative & Fine Art, Historic Object Expert, CAGA, AOA, Certified Appraiser
49865320

i have sighned photos of 1930s actresses such as madeline carroll

i have sighned photos of 1930s actresses such as madeline carroll and constance cummings rene ray,constance godridge,tamara desni,dorothy hyson,joyce tierney,all signed personally to my father who worked at gaumont studios in london. I would like a valuation to see if worth selling.

chistine flynn

Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Kim D. replied 3 years ago.
So sorry for your wait. I am happy to help. My name isXXXXX and I am a certified appraiser with 25 years in a museum and in the field and I can tell right away that this collection is valuable.... and worth selling if that is your interest.

Many of these actresses autographed photographs have not come to market recently but quite a few have and with this wonderful provenance, the authenticity and history enhance the value.

In fact, studying the high end autograph auction market each of these images in very good condition with clean clear signatures (and history attached as to who your father was and how he acquired the signatures) would have a current fair market value of 135.00-150.00 (USD) each today. Quite a few of these autographed photographs have sold in the last two years for 145.00 (USD) at major venues and selling these one by one would bring the highest prices.

Auctions in the US such as Juliens (CA), RR Auctions (NH), Heritage Auctions (TX/CA/NY) would be well suited to this collection but in the UK Christies and Bonham's popular culture auctions would enjoy these with the connection to Gaumont Studios in London and may do fine selling this as a group.

Best wishes and best of luck with this collection. The value will only go up but it is not a bad time to sell with the 1930's actresses still known to the buying public today.

Kim D.
PS If you have other items of interest please remember my name. Any post addressed to “Kim D” at the head of the question will be sent to my inbox so I can help my return patrons first!

I would be more than happy to work with you again!