Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

The size of the painting is 27 1/2" x 21 1/2" what is it

Customer Question

the size of the painting is 27 1/2" x 21 1/2" what is it's value?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
Hello,This is a paper print of an original by Juliet McLeod, a British artist known for equestrian themed paintings. Her work was always done on rigid canvas and canvas is never covered with glass, so this is how it can be determined to be a print. This print also has fading and some paper fold damage. This piece has a value of $30.00.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi sorry for slow reply the painting I have wasn't in a frame when I bought it
I had the painting fitted in a frame
the painting is by the look of it a water colour on board and it's 100% not a copy thanks again
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
This would be an original oil on linen or board, then, if you are that sure of it being an original. She was most prolific from 1950-1975 and her originals with this theme and size have a value of $600.00-$800.00.(It would not be a watercolor as this is not how the medium looks as a finished product and she did not use watercolor.)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi where is the best place for me to sell this item thanks again
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
The best thing to do in your case is to contact an antiques auction that also has an online presence (invaluable.com and/or liveauctioneers.com). You can go on either of these websites and do searches by zip code, region so that you could find one nearest to you (pick the largest city near you for best prices at auction) . If you consign, they will take it away for you and handle everything. This will cost a 10-20% commission off of the check that they would send you 14 to 45 days after the auction.Forgot to add, the name of this piece is Grey Horse and Two Greyhounds. There were black and white prints as well as color prints made of this painting. I still doubt that you have the original, but I will trust that you are sure about it.