Wayne
Wayne, Appraiser
Experience:  Appraiser
67223111

I have come into possession of two very large Linda Benton,

I have come into possession of two very large Linda Benton, original painted canvases from 1980 one the princess and the pea and the other a very large original canvas painting, on the back it says Noah's ark both with signatures, I can't seem to find much regarding these two paintings, they were in a school a construction site were demolishing and my husband said everything was to be skipped so he saved these beautiful paintings, I have taken photos of these two paintings if this helps
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I would still like to wait on a reply from a professional please
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising artwork for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.Can you post a photo of this?1.Click the paperclip icon2.Click the Browse icon3.Click the Browse button4.Select your file and click Open5.Click OK6.Click Insert7.Click Save Changes on this pagehttp://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry for some reason a paper clip to post the pics does not come up, I'm using an iPad as don't have a main computer :/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure if you have received the pictures Noah's ark Princess and the pea

Sorry seems to have sent loads
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Linda Benton(1946-)

Born in Lincoln, Nebraska, Linda Benton studied at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and the College of Marin in California. From her studio in Greenwood, Nebraska, she has done much design work for various publications.Unfortunately, there is not much sales data as her paintings are sold privately by galleries as well as direct sales by the artist. The general range is $800-1500 for original works; however, your paintings may be worth more to a collector.

Wayne
Wayne, Appraiser
Experience: Appraiser
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I was under the impression Linda Benton was born and lives in Oxfordshire UK, I may be wrong as I said not much regarding these paintings, how would I find out what Linda Benton painted them and where can they be sold?

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
I have researched this artist again and I agree that your paintings were done by Linda Bent from Oxfordshire England. According to my sources the biography of the artist that I provided was an error and was linked to an example of a work done by the English Benton. When in fact the American Benton paints more of an abstract style than the Naïve or Primitive style of the English Benton. Most of her works are prints so original paintings are scarce. In any event my market research is correct and I think your paintings could fetch $800-1500 at auction and as much as $2000 in a private sale. I'm sorry for the mix-up.
Wayne