Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have an oil painting of rural scene...

Customer Question

I have an oil painting of rural scene....sheep,shepherd & cottage in background signed JS( intertwined) I have found 2 paintings both by JS one Cows with farm in background which is with Letchworth museum & art gallery the other is Bower house(South front view )Havering-atte-Bower dated 1771/91 signed JS this is with Essex record office.....both these paintings appear to have many similar attributes to my painting. In 1992 I took my painting to Southerbeys in Billingshurst I was given a verbal value of £500 & think I was told the artist was John/Jonathan Spence/spencer.I can find no record for an artist of this name & would appreciate any help/ advice you can give me......Sincerely ***** *****

Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Tim in Appraisals replied 2 years ago.
Hi Patricia, my name is***** am happy to help you. In order to do so I need to see the painting, front, back and a clear image of the signature. You can use the paperclip icon found on the tool bar to attach them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Tim ,for some reason I can't open incoming emails so until I get hold of a family member to put whatever I've done wrong to right I don't know what info you need. Sorry I am a mere novice with all this technology,it's an age thing!!! I am on Facebook & Messenger I don't appear to have messed that up yet so it may be you could contact me that way. Regards Tricia

Tricia, I need to see images of the painting, Front, back, and any signatures. You can send them by email. Send them to***@******.*** attention Tim in antiques.