Tim in Appraisals
Tim in Appraisals, Fine Art Appraiser
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA,
54025905

I have a beutifull watercolour painting signed by AM Penney

Customer Question

I have a beutifull watercolour painting signed by AM Penney 1914 the artist has also written that the house featured is called Arbeadie Housewhich is located in Banchory in Scotland.The painting is in brilliant condition with no water damage or any damage for that matter it has the origanal frame which is not in as good condition but the glass is still intact and not cracked.The painting is genuine and not a print.How much do you think it is worth?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Tim in Appraisals replied 2 years ago.
Good day my name is***** is possible you have an original watercolor by Andrew M. Penney (late 19th - early 20th century). He is a listed artist that worked in watercolor as well as oil on canvas. An original watercolor by the artist has sold at auction for £153 or $250. In a shop I would expect to see it have an asking price of £300, $500.Thank you for your question Cheers Tim