ncsunburst
ncsunburst, High School or GED
Experience:  I've been collecting for over 32 years and worked in the auction business for 25 years
61108514

I have an oil paining by Elena Skuin, well known Russian

Hi. I have an oil paining by Elena Skuin, well known Russian still life artist. What is the best way to get a value on this and to sell it ?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Do you know the title of the painting? If you can post a picture of your painting I can help identify the painting so I can give you an accurate market value plus give you advice on how to go about selling your painting. Thanks Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike, Please see pictures attached. My Dad left this painting to us. It was purchased in antique shop in Ranelagh, Dublin.

It would be great to get an idea of the value of this.

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi Fiona, From all of my research I believe this painting was done after graduating from college in 1930-1931 she taught drawing in high school in Krasnodar which is on your painting she taught drawing there up into the early 1940's. In 1944 Elena Skuin returned to Leningrad. She began her teaching job, first in the Secondary Art School at the Leningrad Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture named after Ilya Repin, then at the Department of General Painting in Vera Mukhina Institute. At the same time she works a lot creatively and participated in most exhibitions of Leningrad artists. She painted genre paintings, portraits, still lifes, and landscapes. She worked in oil painting, watercolors, charcoal drawings. In 1951 Elena Skuin leave teaching and move to work under contracts with LenIzo (Commercial Association of Leningrad Artists) as an artist of painting. It was during this period of still life is establishing itself as the leading genre in her work. This is evidenced by the work shown at the Spring exhibitions of Leningrad artists in 1954 and 1955 years, and the Autumn exhibitions in 1956 and 1958 years. Still lifes with flowers and fruits that are painted by her in this period were frankly fictional, masterfully orchestrated, elegant and solemn talking about the fullness and joy of life. I couldn't find this particular picture but of the rest of her work I'm finding is valued between $550.00 US to $900.00 US but it might bring more or less at auction it all depends on the collector. As for selling the painting I would contact a local reputable auction house with a good track record
and has been in business for awhile. Make sure they advertise like on auctionzip.com, newspapers, website ect. and take pictures this will attract the art collectors from around the UK that can bid on the painting the day of auction. I would use a reserve on the painting to protect your investment so it doesn't sell for a few dollars.
I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike
.
.
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Mike,

This is great information.

Much appreciated!!

Fiona

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi Fiona, Your welcome if you ever need help in the future just ask. Thanks Mike..PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer " OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.