Tim in Appraisals
Tim in Appraisals, Fine Art Appraiser
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA,
54025905

I have a personalhandwritten letter and handwritten envelope

Customer Question

I have a personalhandwritten letter and handwritten envelope by Dirk Bogarde I would like to know if it has any value
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Tim in Appraisals replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is***** Jules Gaspard Ulric Niven van den Bogaerde, known as Dirk Bogarde (28 March 1921 – 8 May 1999) was an English actor and writer.Initially a matinée idol in such films as Doctor in the House (1954) and other Rank Organisation pictures, Bogarde later acted in art-house films such as The Servant (1963) and Death in Venice (1971). In a second career, Bogarde wrote seven best-selling volumes of memoirs, six novels and a volume of collected journalism, mainly from his articles in The Daily Telegraph. He was the great-uncle of the singer Birdy. Over the years his fan base is aging, and so is value of his memorabilia . The current sales records show that a personal signed letter with envelope sells for about: 77.10 GBP. Cheers Tim