ncsunburst
ncsunburst, High School or GED
Experience:  I've been collecting for over 32 years and worked in the auction business for 25 years
61108514

I have a pencil drawing of a lion with the name S H Gimber

I have a pencil drawing of a lion with the name S H Gimber 1817, is the artist well known and would it hold much value?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Stephen Henry Gimber was active/lived in Pennsylvania / England. Stephen Gimber is known for his steel plate engravings, portraits, lithographs, miniatures in stipple and mezzotint. From my artist directory he was born in 1806 and died in 1862 he is best known for his steel engravings of other artists paintings but they were mass produced mostly used in books. Most of his engravings do not carry a real high value but are still very collectible and range in value from $35.00 to $100.00 US dollars I can't really put a value on the drawing you have because it must be from his early work only being a boy of 11 years of age and I can not compare the drawing to others being a one of a kind possibly and might be worth a great deal of money to the collector of his work. My advise to you would to take the drawing to a high end well known auction house they will have on site appraisers that can put a value on your drawing it wouldn't cost you anything but it might turn out to be worth your while. I believe Christie's has an office in London. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike.If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswerfor helping you..Christie's Auction HouseLondonTel: +44 (0)20 7839 9060Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm, local time.Bonham's19th Century Pictures (UK)Tel: +44 20 7468 8232Fax: +44 20 7447***@******.***
Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your drawing? Thanks Mike