Tim in Appraisals
Tim in Appraisals, Fine Art Appraiser
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA,
54025905

Tim I picked up a picture from a junk store today.Its a

Hi Tim I picked up a picture from a junk store today.Its a contemporary print, I really like it but there's no signature or title. I'm sure its not valuable but Id just love to know who painted it and when.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Tim in Appraisals replied 2 years ago.
Good day, my name is***** am a Certified Antique and Fine Art Appraiser. Thank you for your question. Please send clear images of the print. You can send them by email to***@******.*** attention Tim in appraisals or you can put them on a photo sharing site like imgur or photobucket. If you chose to post them please include the URL with your reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mary, I looked at the images that you sent. It looks like a watercolor rather than a print. If you look at the edges of the colors there is a bit of color bleed, similar to a stain on cloth. With unsigned paintings we try to make an attribution. I do not recognize the artist. It looks like the work of either a student or an amateur work. As such it has a value range of 50 to 65 GBP. Personally I like it and would hang it on my wall. So If you bought it because you like it you did well. If you bought it for an investment how well you did depends on what you paid compared to what it is worth. Happy hunting, till next time. Tim