Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have a family heirloom of an elkington silver table centre

Customer Question

I have a family heirloom of an elkington silver table centre and two candle sticks in original wooden box I was wondering if you could give me some advice regarding the sale of these items I believe this was a wedding present to my great great grandfather its dated 1888 and he was a general in the Buffs regiment.the item I believe was recorded in a catalogue of elkington works.

Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Robert S. replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your Elkington silver. It sounds most interesting and highly unusual to have the original box.Could you very kindly attach some photos and one of the marks and I'll give you a full appraisal of it here, including a value, and some options for selling.Once you have the photos in your computer, it's a simple matter to attach them Just click on the paperclip icon (located above the box where you are typing to me) or go here if you get stuck:http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0Many thanks and wait to hear,Robert